Free rides with Brian
Learn more about Brian
- Where did you grow up? Antelope, CA
- Can you remember your first TEAMride class? How long did it take until you realized you wanted to be an instructor? I remember bits and pieces in the best way possible. It was before Midtown was open and it was with M&E at 6:30 p.m. I remember because I had to race from Davis after work, and I was worried I wouldn’t make it on-time! My BFF, Amanda, dragged me that evening because her friend dragged her, so we were newbies together. I remember Elena setting me up on my bike, and then hearing her on the mic a few minutes later. The next 45 minutes were a blur of amazing music, sweat, and positive energy. I recall M&E cheering me on at various moments and this fabulous remix of Ella Henderson’s “Ghost” being played as the final working song (I think it was sprints? Maybe heavy run?). Before leaving, I totally asked them where they found that song haha (possible foreshadowing of future habits?). In regards to teaching, I do not recall there being an actual moment where I realized I wanted to instruct. As a rider, I romanticized the idea, but I couldn’t see myself cutting it. I did get brave once and inquired. It wasn’t until an announcement for open auditions came about that I seriously considered it. I was at a layover in Dallas when I saw the post and RSVP’d for it. I took a breath, hit send, and it has been one amazing journey since!
- Best part of being a TEAMride instructor is… EVERYONE. The amazing riders (ALL of you!), the life-saving studio crew, my fellow instructors, the leadership team (aka the backbone). You are all my “lovelies” and you fill a piece of my heart that I could never find anywhere else.
- Song you’ve had on repeat? Recently, commuters on I-80 have been subjected to my performance of “Black Magic” by Little Mix followed by an encore of “Hold On” by Wilson Phillips
- AM or PM rides?I do both. When I have my life together (which comes in seasons), I am up early catching a 5:30 or 6 a.m. But after a long day at work, catching a 6:30 or 7 p.m. is just what the doctor ordered
- Favorite way to sweat outside of TEAMride? Catfishing at InstaPhysique (don’t worry, not that kind of “catfishing” )! When I’m not boogieing on a bike, you can catch me serving up some “shakes” on (and off) a Megaformer!
- What’s your #1 life hack? For me, Google Maps, Waze, or any kind of legit GPS. I have a horrible sense of direction plus I drive a lot, which is not the best combination. But Google Maps saves time and my life in general pretty much on a daily basis.
- Where can we find you on a Saturday afternoon in Sac? Probably doing laundry. Or eating my second brunch somewhere. One time, I did both at once.
- Best memory since you joined TEAMride? It’s a toss-up between the grand opening of TEAMride Midtown and Run to Feed the Hungry 2016!
- #1 piece of advice for someone looking to have an awesome ride? Trust YOURSELF. Know that you’re doing a great job. We’ve got you. The music’s got you. Your fellow riders have got you. You just need to give yourself the permission to enjoy yourself in whatever way makes you feel successful. At the end of the day, it’s YOUR 45 minutes. Remember, we’re dancing on a bike! If that in and of itself is not awesome, I do not know what is!
- Saturday’s @ 6:30am in ESAC & 9am in MDTN
- Book one of his classes!