Free rides when you ride
Learn more about Dakotah
- Where did you grow up? Davis, CA – born, raised, and love it so much, I still call it home today!
- Can you remember your first TEAMride class? How long did it take until you realized you wanted to be an instructor? How long did it take until you realized you wanted to be an instructor? Does anyone forget it? I was immediately hooked by the energy of the space – the light & bright lobby, bumpin music, and Teresa’s legendary smile created a first impression that was welcoming, clean, and instantly invigorating. As far as my memory of class itself, it’s more of a blur – sweaty, energetic, creative, I remember being struck by the skill of everyone in the room, and inspired to be there with them. // I’m the type of person who likes to lead anything I do… some label that tendency “control freak” but I prefer to attribute it to personal responsibility. With a diverse & longtime coaching background, being an instructor was on my radar from day 1 (yes, even before I had any technical ability to keep a beat.)
- Best part of being a TEAMride instructor is… the view from the podium. Every day, my job is to be in community and watch people accept challenges & rise to the their potential.
- Song you’ve had on repeat? Purple Hat by Sofi Tukker
- AM or PM rides? I love a good morning ride, preferably followed by a Nopalito’s breakfast burrito.
- Favorite way to sweat outside of TEAMride? Spicy salsa & public speaking. But if you’re referring to fitness… I’m at my best when on my yoga mat or in a swimming pool.
- What’s your #1 life hack? Snacks in the center console of your car – what else is that cubby for, anyway?
- Where can we find you on a Saturday afternoon in Sac? If I’m in Sac on a Saturday, I am 1000% at the studio or some other TEAMride event… otherwise it’s my day off which means I’m home in Davis, probably walking the dogs with my fam, napping, and cooking at home. Introverts gotta recharge somehow!
- Best memory since you joined TEAMride? The PM class of New Years Day 2019 – it was my first time teaching in the 60 bike studio, and we used every additional roll-in we had to pack the class. The energy was epic, a real “if you build it, they will come” moment.
- #1 piece of advice for someone looking to have an awesome ride? Be willing to celebrate every single pedal stroke you take. And do the exact same for your neighbor.
- Monday’s | 3:30p in ESAC & 6:30p in MTWN
- Tuesday’s | 8:30a & 3:30p in ESAC
- Wednesday’s | 5 & 6a in ESAC
- Thursday’s | 4:30p in ESAC & 6:30p in MTWN
- Sunday’s | 9:00a in MTWN & 10:30a in ESAC
- Book one of her classes!