Free rides when you ride
Learn more about Sadye
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in Orange County (specifically, Placentia)
- Can you remember your first TEAMride class? How long did it take until you realized you wanted to be an instructor? How long did it take until you realized you wanted to be an instructor? I TOTALLY remember my first TEAMride class! It was with Molly Weedn, who swore I’d love it even though I said, “I don’t do spin,” ha! I remember feeling so uncoordinated and thinking, “what the hell do you mean find the 1-2, double-time beat!?” But I absolutely LOVED the energy and music and how hot and sweaty it was! I was instantly hooked and determined to look less like a baby giraffe trying to ride a bike, so I started going 3-4 times a week. After about 4 months of riding consistently and finding my groove, I knew I wanted to be an instructor. Interestingly enough, I said it out loud to a friend and the very next day TEAMride posted on IG that they were holding auditions for instructors. The rest is history…
- Best part of being a TEAMride instructor is… Connecting with my riders! I feel so unbelievably lucky that I get to teach such incredible people week after week and it has truly been an honor getting to know them these past 4.5 years
- Song you’ve had on repeat? Lately I’ve been loving Rompa Stomp – Original as a high-energy power climb and EDM Bubble for intervals
- AM or PM rides? Oooh, that’s tough! There’s nothing like the energy of my Saturday morning riders, but then my evening rides have been super fun, too! They’re a different kind of vibe, but I really love both
- Favorite way to sweat outside of TEAMride? Hot yoga at Zuda or Purely Hot Yoga and hot pilates at P2O! Or getting outside and going for a long hike (Stevens Trail in Colfax is one of my favorites)
- What’s your #1 life hack? Treating everything like an experiment––dating, business, creative projects, traveling, trying new things, etc. As a virgo who tends to be a perfectionist with an “all or nothing” modus operandi, I’ve had to come up with clever ways to break myself of habits, like not doing something out of the fear of failing or it not being perfect. Experiments are inherently messy and almost never go according to plan (or flat out fail altogether), so by approaching life like it’s one big experiment, suddenly the pressure is off for it to be perfect. I’m more apt to start things (like my business) that would otherwise give me anxiety and––imagine this––I actually enjoy the process!!
- Where can we find you on a Saturday afternoon in Sac? Most Saturdays I’m working on projects (painting, sewing, building, etc.), but I do love me a sunny afternoon at SacYard! They have good sauvy B (wink, wink)
- Best memory since you joined TEAMride? Instructing one of the Kings Arena rides was pretty amazing, but honestly, my TEAMride 4-year anniversary ride in June and my 36th birthday ride this past August––both of which were on Saturdays––were so much fun!! Everyone really showed up and brought such incredible, positive energy. I felt so loved and so happy to be doing what I do. Those rides were really special to me.
- #1 piece of advice for someone looking to have an awesome ride? Let go of expectation, remember to breathe and don’t be afraid to be loud and proud on the “hup-hups.” There’s just something about that collective energy that gets you out of your head and into the groove EVERY. DAMN. TIME. Before you know it, you’ll forget you’re working out, because you’re having so much fun…imagine that!!
- Tuesday’s @ 6:30am in ESAC
- Wednesday’s @ 5:30pm in ESAC
- Friday’s @ 4:30pm in ESAC
- Saturday’s @ 8:30am in ESAC
- Book one of her classes!